Break the chains and experience some of Tampa Bay’s local restaurants. As shared from a lifelong Tampa and Pinellas resident, here are the local’s favorite top 5 eateries in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties.
- La Teresita Cafeteria located in old Tampa on Columbus Drive. It boasts a traditional style Cuban cafeteria, and is a replica of the original 1978 Sandwich and Coffee shop. You may find some of our seniors enjoying a game of Dominoes at one of the countertops. Very affordable, and large servings. Authentic Cuban style menu.
- Mad Beach Fish House takes you across Tampa Bay to Pinellas County beaches. Make sure to put this on your itinerary for lunch on your beach day! Located on Gulf Blvd in Madeira Beach is a top favorite for local seafood cuisine. Casual dress, come as you are atmosphere, overlooking a beautiful waterway with docks and pleasure boats. Very affordable lunch menu. Lunch and Dinner menus.
- Cajun Cafe on the Bayou is down home cajun cuisine. Hidden off a main thoroughfare, Park Blvd, in Pinellas Park, FL. Great stop as you head to local beaches for sunset, or enjoy sunset on their open balcony overlooking the bayou. Specializing in Louisiana Cuisine and fine craft ale.
- Mazzaro Italian Market, one of St Petersburg‘s “best kept secret” for the locals. Open from breakfast to dinner during the week. Saturday open until 2:30, closed Sundays. Check their website for holiday schedule. Enjoy all things Italian; shop fresh cheeses, pastries, sandwiches, gourmet imports, coffees, wines and more. Plan to spend a few hours at this location. Located just off I-275 on 22nd Ave N in St Pete. You will be close to mall shopping just a few miles further on 22nd Ave, at Tyrone Mall.
- Olive the World Bistro is ranked Tarpon Spring‘s number 1 restaurant by TripAdvisor current 2018 standings. Located in Historic Tarpon Springs, a community overflowing with Greek culture, traditions and foods. Make an enjoyable day, visiting the Historic Sponge Docks and shopping the many local boutiques after dining. Menu features European style cuisine. Visit their website for a full menu listing.